Healthy skin defines one’s healthy lifestyle. And, some of us are searching for ways about how to get a healthy glowing skin in their busy schedule. All you need to do is follow some simple skin care tips in your daily life, and have healthy foods which help in giving the radiance to our skin. Healthy foods boost our skin cells by injecting them with vital nutrients. These nutrients work on your cells and provides it will a natural glow. Also, fruits and green vegetables have powerful antioxidants that protect the skin from any kind of damage. So, here are 8 foods that you should definitely include in your daily food routine and get your desiring glowing skin.
- Avocado: Avocadoes are full of antioxidants like lutein and beta carotene, which help in softening and hydrating the skin. Try to have one avocado every alternative day. Also, you can make DIYs face mask, and believe me these masks do magic. Mash few pieces of avocado and mix 1 tbsp of honey with it. Now apply this just like a mask.
2. Oranges: Oranges contain Vitamin C, due to which it has great importance. The nutrients of oranges help in giving the skin a radiance and removes the dead skin cells. Also, the peels of the orange are of great use. It is said that the peels contain much more Vitamin C than the orange itself. The peel has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties, due to which the skin becomes brighter. There are various masks that can be made with the peel. Orange peel powders are available in market, which is mixed with yogurt and this becomes an amazing face mask.
3. Pumpkin: Though many people don’t like having pumpkin but this is a multi-tasking vegetable itself. It has antioxidants, vitamin A, vitamin C, minerals, zinc. All these make it a very healthy food to have on a regular basis. Its zinc help in creating new skin cells, improving skin texture, and gives the skin a smooth finish.
Pumpkin seeds are also very healthy for skin, which provides a natural glow to the skin.
4. Tomato: Tomatoes are full of natural vitamins and minerals. It has Vitamin A, K, B1, B3, B5, B6, B7, and vitamin C. Tomatoes also contain lycopene, which is basically an antioxidant containing anti-ageing properties. You can apply tomato pulp directly on your skin to tighten your pores and prevent from getting pimples. It is acidic in nature and can also used as a natural sunscreen.
5. Strawberries: Strawberries are loaded with alpha-hydroxyl acid, which helps in removing dead skin cells. The omega-3 fatty acids which is also there in strawberries lightens the skin tone. This fruit also increases collagen production, and reduces wrinkles and fine lines as it has vitamin C in it.
6. Beetroot: Beetroots are very healthy and are full of vitamins and minerals. Its anti-inflammatory property reduces the outburst of acne and pimples. If beetroot is taken regularly and its juice is used as a skincare product, you will notice that dark spots are already decreasing day by day, blemishes also get removed by this toner like substance, and this liquid leaves your skin with a pinkish tone. If you cannot have a beetroot daily, its juice would also work in giving your a beautiful glowing smooth skin.
7. Carrots: Carrots are full of beta carotene, that are generally helpful in preventing degeneration of cells, and makes your skin look glowing. Carrot juice keeps body tissue, eyes, bones, teeth healthy, as it contains vitamin A. Carrots help in reducing acne and dark spots due to presence of vitamin C in it. So, make sure you add carrots regularly in your salads.
8. Potato: Potatoes help in lightening the skin tone due to its natural bleaching property in it. So, have 1-2 potatoes on alternative days, but intake of excess potatoes will lead to an unhealthy diet. Application of sliced raw potato can help in getting rid of dead skin cells, sunburns, dark spots, blemishes and dark circles.
So, these were some of the fruits and vegetables which can be very useful for you, if you are trying to get a glowing skin. Not only the fruits and vegetables, but their peels can also be very useful. Try these and feel the difference yourself.