‘An apple a day, keeps doctor away’- very true in today’s 21st century. Apples are one of the most popular fruits-and for good reason.
They are exceptionally healthy fruit with many health benefits. Looking for the benefits of apples? Then this article is surely for you. Scroll it down for detailed guide of advantages of having apples. Happy a happy reading ahead!
Here are 8 impressive health benefits of apples which will make you think that you must have one apple everyday!
- Apples are very nutritious: A medium apple equals 1.5 cups of fruit and offers the following nutrients-calories:95, carbohydrates: 25 grams, fibre: 4 grams, vitamin C, potassium and vitamin K. It also provides copper, vitamins A, E, B1, B2, and B6. Apples are also a rich source of polyphenols, which have numerous health benefits.
- Apples may be good for weight loss: Apples are high in fibre and water-two qualities that make them filling. Apples are more filling because they are less energy-dense, yet still deliver fibre and volume. It’s some natural compounds promotes weight loss. It helps you reduce weight in several ways.
- Apples are good for your heart: Apples have been linked to a lower risk of heart disease. One reason may be that apples contain soluble fibre-the kind that can help lower your blood cholesterol levels. They also contain polyphenols, which have anti-oxidants effects. Many of these are concentrated in the peel. One of these polyphenols is the flavonoid epicatechin, which may lower blood pressure.
- Apples are linked to a lower risk of diabetes: Eating apples is linked to a lower linked of type 2 diabetes. This is possibly due to their polyphenol anti-oxidant content in apples.
- Apples have pre-biotic effects and promote good gut bacteria: Apples contains pectin, a type a fibre that acts as a pre-biotic. This means it feeds the good bacteria in your gut. Your small intestine does not absorb fibre during digestion. Instead it goes to your colon, where it can promote the growth of good bacteria. It also turns into other helpful compounds that circulate back through your body. So apples do this wonderful job!
- Apples may help prevent cancer: You won’t believe that there is a link between plant compounds in apples and a lower risk of cancer. Apples have anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory effects which may be responsible for their potential cancer-preventive effects.
- Apples can help to fight Asthma: Anti-oxidant rich apples may help protect your lungs from oxidative damage. Apple skin contains the flavonoid quercetin, which can help regulate the immune system and reduce inflammation. In this way apples affect asthma and allergic reactions.
- Apples are good for bone health: Eating fruit is linked to higher bone density, which is a marker of bone health. The anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds in apple helps in promoting bone density and strength. What’s more, eating apple preserves bone mass as you age, wonderful. Right!
So these are some wonderful benefits of having an apple. One apple a day, and so many advantages. Can you imagine!
We will recommend you, if you want to keep the doctor away, have a apple daily. It is rich in anti-oxidants and makes you filling full all day long. Have an apple and keep yourself fit and healthy always!