A bowl of fresh, creamy and homemade yogurt is one of the simplest food joys. This wonder dairy product can make for a dish itself with fruits or chopped onions and tomatoes or it can be blended into smoothies, used to add texture to your curries or make your breakfast cereal wholesome.
But have we ever wondered about the amazing health benefits that we can enjoy by having a bowl of curd or yogurt everyday? If you did not know, here are six impressive health benefits of curd.
- Good for digestion: Curd is a great probiotic. These good and beneficial bacteria are known to improve gut activity, soothe inflamed digestive system and treat an upset stomach.
- Stronger immunity: The live active cultures found in curd fight disease causing germs and keep your gut and intestinal tract protected. Eating a 7 ounce dose of curd ( about 200g) was just as effective in boosting immunity as popping pills.
- Beautiful and healthy skin: Curd has a moisturizing effect on your skin and it heals your dry skin naturally. Curd helps in marinating a happy and active gut which leads to healthy skin. Curd is an excellent beauty ingredient for face packs too as it contains lactic acid that acts as an exfoliator and cleans off all dead cells and blemishes.
- Reduces high blood pressure: The special proteins in yogurt along with nutrients like potassium and magnesium help in lowering high blood pressure and promoting a healthy heart.
- Prevents vaginal infections: Curd may be particularly good for women as it helps in discouraging the growth of yeast infections. The lactobacillus acidophilus bacteria found in curd is known to control the growth of infection in the body and kill yeast by kills by producing hydrogen peroxide.
- Good for the bones: A cup of curd contains about 275mg of calcium. A daily dose of calcium not only helps in maintaining bone density but also strengthens them. It is low in fat and calories and thus may also help in keeping your weight in check.
Curd is full of calcium, vitamin D, protein and healthy gut bacteria. There is no doubt that curd is full of nutrition and will benefit you if you include it in your daily diet.
You can team a bowl of yogurt or curd with fresh fruits or seeds like flaxseeds and sunflower seeds to add an extra dose of fibre along with all the other nutrients that it provides. An advantage with yogurt or curd is that it is easy and light on the stomach and easier to digest than milk
Hope you enjoyed reading this article. Stay connected with us for more beneficial updates regarding your health and nutrition !