Stocks are flavoured and nutritious liquids used as foundations for sauces, soups, stew, gravies, and many more in French cooking.
Stock is prepared by simmering discarded bones and cartilage of meat like chicken, beef, veal, mutton, fish from 20 minutes to six hours in sufficient water to cover the bones. It is flavoured by mirpoix which consists of diced vegetables of carrots, celery, leek, onions, and Bouquet Garni.
Today in this article, we are going to learn the recipe of Brown Beef Stock. Excited? To know the recipe?
Scroll down this article to get the delicious and nutritious recipe. So without any further delay, let us begin!
Preparation of Brown Beef Stock
- Bones cut into small pieces, 3 lb
- Mirpoix 10 lb
- Cold water or Remouilage 18 gallons
- Tomato product, (it is optional)
- Thyme 1 tablespoon
- Bay leaf 10 pieces
Steps to prepare:
- Place bones in a roasting pan and brown in an at 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- When bones are done, place mirpoix over the bones and finish browning.
- When browned, remove bones and mirpoix over the bones and finish browning.
- Removing the fat from the roasting pan. Deglaze the pan with water or Remouilage and to the stock pot.
- Add remaining water or Remouilage to cover the bones.
- Bring to boil of bones.
- After boiling, reduce to a simmer and skim.
- Simmer it for 8-10 hours.
- Pass through a fine strainer and label it.
- Cool and refrigerate the stock.
You are ready with your delicious and nutritious beef stock!
Want to know more healthy, delicious and nutritious recipes? Then for sure, stay connected with us so that you do not miss any single updates!