Sweet and juicy to taste, oranges are popular all over the world. Belonging to a group of citrus fruits called hesperidium, oranges have more health benefits than one.
Here are top 8 health benefits of oranges. Scroll down this article to find the amazing and exotic health benefits of oranges:
1. Boosts your immunity: Oranges contains thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin b6, folate, pantothenic acid, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, selenium and copper. Because of their high vitamin C content oranges are associated with boosting the immune system.
2. Good for your skin: As we grow older, our skin along with other body parts suffers from free radical damage. This process is similar to how metals rust after exposure to air. Even though it is inevitable, oranges are packed with anti-oxidants and vitamin C which slows down the process and makes you look younger than your age! Besides oranges, you can eat these fruits and vegetables for glowing skin.
3. Great for your eyes: Along with our skin, our eyes too suffer from damage as we grow older. Oranges are rich in nutrients like vitamin A, vitamin C and potassium which are great for your eyes. So if you want your vision to be just as good as it is now, eat an orange every day!
4. Helps in brain development: Folate and folic acid present in oranges promote brain development and keep the vital organ in mint condition. In fact, these nutrients also make oranges a healthy fruit for pregnant woman as it prevents the baby from having neurological disorder later.
5. Keeps you free from stomach ulcers: Oranges are a very good source of fibre which helps keep your stomach and intestine healthy. A diet rich in fibre will ensure that you are not affected with ailments like stomach ulcers and constipation.
6. Weight loss: One cup of oranges contains only 85 calories, making this a nutrient-dense, low-calorie food. The same serving also contains 4.3 grams of dietary fibre. This compound acids in weight loss by promoting regular bowel movements and helping you feel full longer periods of time.
7. Prevents hair loss: Oranges have high vitamin C content which is required for producing collagen which in turn is responsible for keeping the tissues in your hair together. Nobody likes bald patches on their head, and eating oranges can ensure that you do not have to part with your lovely hair as you grow older.
8. Prevents heart disease: Oranges have flavonoids like hesperidin which reduces cholesterol and prevents your arteries from getting blocked. This in turn protects you from heart attack and various other cardio-vascular diseases.
The health benefits of oranges are plenty but these are eye-catching and splendid! Stay connected with us for more information regarding more exciting health and well-being updates1