Cardamom ice-cream has all the sweetness of an ice-cream and yet the fresh, strong bite of cardamom hits the taste buds with a punch, in the best of ways of course.
And if you are already the proud maker of an ice-cream maker, this recipe will only take you about 35 minutes to prepare and the time it takes for the ice-cream maker to work its magic.
This recipe can also be adapted to make saffron ice-cream or cinnamon ice-cream or anything else you can dream up! Excited to know the recipe of this amazing sweet cardamom ice-cream? So without more preamble, let’s begin
Preparation of sweet cardamom ice-cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 6 cardamom pods (crushed)
- 4 egg yolks, discard egg whites
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
Steps to make it:
- In a medium sized saucepan combined the whole milk and crushed cardamom pods. Slowly bring to a boil.
- Once the milk and cardamom mixture is boiling, remove saucepan from the heat source. Now cover the saucepan and allow the pods and milk to sit for approximately 30 minutes. This allows for the flavours of the cardamom to become infused in the milk.
- After 30 minutes, strain the milk through a small mesh sieve, discarding the crushed cardamom pods. Place the infused milk back into the saucepan and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl begin to beat the egg yolks and sugar until it reaches a thick texture and is off cream in colour.
- Carefully reheat the milk so it is warm and pour a small amount into the egg mixture and beat in. Now pour the entire egg mixture into the saucepan with the milk and return to low heat.
- Stir until the mixture is custard-like and sticks to the back of a spoon. Do not allow the custard to boil.
- When this perfect consistency is reached, remove the saucepan from the heat and continue to stir until it cools almost completely. Then pour in the heavy whipping cream and fold it into the custard.
- Lastly, freeze this blend.
Voila! Enjoy your delicious sweet cardamom ice-cream.
Muddled blackberries makes a great fruity topping and a wonderful compliment to the cardamom flavours of the cream.
Do not wait here long, go and prepare this amazing ice-cream and serve the guests! For more amazing and delicious recipes, surely stay connected with us.