Making a cloth face mask is simple, and many patterns do not require professional sewing skills or even a sewing machine.
As long as you have the following, you will have everything you need to make your own face mask:
- Some type of fabric like an old clean t-shirt or other cloth.
- Rubber bands or hair ties
- Ruler or measure.
These both masks making won’t require any sewing and only take a few minutes to make. Let us look how they are made.
Face mask with hair ties
- An old clean T-shirt
- Ruler or tape measure
- 2 rubber bands or large hair ties
Steps to make it:
- Lay an old t-shirt out on a flat surface. Using a ruler or cloth tape measure, start at the bottom of the shirt and measure up 7-8 inches.
- Cut up and across. You will end up with a big rectangle. This will be the material for your face mask. Place the remaining material from the t-shirt to the side.
- Place the rectangular piece of fabric on a flat surface and fold the material from the bottom to the middle. Then fold the material from the top to the middle.
- Fold it again from the bottom to the middle and the top to the middle. This will be your mask.
- Loop a rubber band or large hair tie around each end of the fabric about 2 inches in from the end of the fabric.
- Fold the right side in towards the center then the left side towards the center. The two should meet.
- Grab the mask by the rubber bands or hair ties and place over your mouth, securing each side by wrapping the band or hair ties around your ear. This should be tight enough to keep the mask in place.
Face mask with built-in strings
- An old clean t-shirt or other material
- A ruler or tape measure.
Steps to make it:
- Place an old t-shirt on flat surface. Measure 7-8 inches from the bottom of the shirt and cut across.
- Lay the cut fabric rectangle on a flat surface and discard the rest of the shirt.
- Measure about 6-7 inches in from the side of the fabric rectangle and cut out the material, leaving about a half-inch of material at the top and bottom. These are the strings to tie the mask behind your head.
- Cut the string fabric in half.
- Tie the strings around your neck and then around the top of your head.
Do not remove the mask or lift it up to talk to someone or adjust the fit. If the mask needs to be adjusted, make the appropriate adjustments, secure the mask, then leave your vehicle or home.
Stay tuned with us, for more health updates.