For last few months we are all stuck in a global pandemic situation. The use of masks, sanitizer and maintaining social distance has become the ‘new normal’.
You never thought of making of making your sanitizer. Right! As stores sells sanitizers in cheap rate and we all prefer to buy that. But what if your sanitizer finishes in the middle of this pandemic crisis and all stores are closed? You need not to worry. Here we go how you can make your own sanitizer. It sounds interesting. Right!
Scroll down this article to know the procedures of making hand sanitizer. So without any further delay, let’s dive into this article.
Tools that you need:
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Empty spray bottles
- Empty lotion or sanitizer containers.
- 1 cup of 99% isopropyl alcohol
- 1 tablespoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide
- 1 teaspoon of 98% glycerine
- ¼ cup of sterile distilled or boiled of cold water
- First pour the alcohol into a medium sized container with a pouring spout. If you have 99.8% of alcohol, it is pure and the rest must be filled with water.
- Add the hydrogen peroxide.
- Add the glycerine and stir it well till then it combine everything well.
- Measure and pour ¼ cup of boiled water and mix it well with the mixture.
- Sanitize your spray bottles and pour in your hand and add the leftover alcohol to the bottles and leave until the alcohol is evaporated.
- Take a little time to label your bottles so that no further incidents occurs.
Instructions for gel sanitizer: Making gel sanitizer is the easiest one. Let’s see how it is being made.
- 1 cup of 91% isopropyl alcohol
- ½ cup of aloe-vera gel
- 15 drops of tea tree oil ( or any other antibacterial essential oil)
Steps to prepare it:
- Pour the alcohol into a medium sized container with a pouring spout. Do not use vodka as it does not contain enough percentage of alcohol.
- Measure and pour the aloe vera gel. It will smooth your hands rather making it hard. But remember it will make your hands sticky –you have to make it fully absorbed by rubbing it.
- Add the essential oil-tea tree oil as it is anti-bacterial and it will help to kill the germs. But again if you not a fan of the smell of it, other options are available. Go ahead and opt for it.
- Do not forget to whisk it because stirring and mixing is not enough.
- Label your sanitizer containers.
- Spray the sanitizer on your hands.
So by now you know to make your sanitizer. Do not wait too long, go ahead make your own hand sanitizer and save your penny.
Go kill some germs and continue living. Do not forget to stay connected with us for more updates.