Soups are wholesome and nutritious liquid foo from meat, seafood, vegetables, cereals or poultry. Soups from the second course of the French classical menu but now-a-days it is also a first course for many meals.
Today we will discussing how to prepare cream soup. Interested and excited to the recipe, scroll down this article to know the awesome recipe!
So with any further delay, let us begin!
Preparation of cream soup
- 80g/ 3 oz. white vegetables( leek, celery or celeriac)
- 60g/2 oz. butter
- 20-25g/- 1 oz. Flour
- 1.21/2 pints warm stock ( fish, chicken, vegetables, veal, beef or game)
- 100 ml/3fl oz. double cream salt
Steps to prepare:
- Trim and wash the vegetables and peel the celeriac, if using. Finely chop them.
- Melt half the butter over a low heat, but do not allow it to turn brown.
- Add the vegetables, and gently fry for 2-3 minutes until transparent.
- Sprinkle over the flour, gently fry for a further 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat in the stock with a whisk until smooth.
- Bring to the boil, beating constantly. Lower the heat and simmer gently for about 20-25 minutes.
- Add the cream and bring back to the boil.
- Season the soup with the spices.
- Rub the soup through a fine sieve.
- Gradually beat in the remaining butter, a little at a time.
Your delicious cream soup is ready to rock! The cream soup may be turned into a veloute if it is thickened with egg yolk and cream. To make 11/1 pints soup, use 1 egg yolk 100 ml/3fl oz. double cream.
Serve this cream soup in heated bowls or soup plates. Diced or finely shredded meat or vegetables, dumplings, cooked rice and chopped herbs, may be added to the soup.
Stay tuned with us for more interesting recipe.