A sauce is a hot or cold seasoned liquid accomplishment which goes with a dish. It do enhances flavour and brings richness to the dish.
When it comes to the preparation of sauces, it is just awesome. Today we are here with the recipe of preparation of Hollandaise Sauce.
Excited, interested to know how this sauce is prepared? Your excitement ends here. This article focuses on the preparation of Hollandaise Sauce!
Okay, enough done with the preamble. Let’s dive into the main matter.
Preparation of Hollandaise Sauce
To make 250 ml/9 fl. Oz. of this classic whipped sauce, you will need:
- 175g/6 oz. butter
- 10 peppercorns
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoon vinegar
- \3 tablespoon water
- 3 egg yolks
- Juice of 1 lemon
Steps to prepare:
- Melt the butter over a low heat until it separates, do not allow it to become too hot. Pour the clear portion of the butter through a fine sieve.
- To make the reduced liquid, boil the peppercorns and diced onion with vinegar and water, and allow to reduce to about 3 tablespoons of liquid.
- Prepare a bain marie or set a heatproof bowl over a pan of hot water.
- Place the egg yolks in the bowl of the bain maire. Rub the reduced vinegar mixture through a sieve.
- Beat together the egg yolks and the reduced vinegar mixture over the hot water.
- Continue beating the mixture until it is light and creamy and coats the whisk.
- Stir in the warm, clarified butter, one drop at a time, adding more only when the previous drop has been thoroughly incorporated.
- Stir in lemon juice, freshly ground pepper and pinch of cayenne pepper.
- The sauce can be made even finer by straining it through clean muslin.
VOILA! Your Hollandaise Sauce is ready!
But remember keep the Hollandaise Sauce warm. Serve this awesome, delicious sauce with fish or meat and vegetables.
Want to more exciting recipe? Want to be the queen of your own kitchen? Then for sure, stay connected with us so that you do not miss any single new updates!