Last week we brought the recipe of preparing hollandaise sauce. This week we are again back with a new recipe of preparing white sauce.
Excited? Want to know the recipe of white sauce? Scroll down this article to know the exotic and amazing recipe of white sauce.
When making this basic sauce, it is important to use the correct proportion of butter and flour. As a rule of thumb, always use the same number of tablespoons of butter as flour.
So without any more further intro, let’s start!
Preparation of White Sauce
- 500ml/18 fl oz. stock
- 2 tablespoon each of butter (30g/1 oz.)
- Flour (15/ ½ oz.
Steps to prepare:
- Melt the butter over a low heat, but do not allow it to turn brown.
- Stir in the flour and cook ( stir continuously) for a few minutes.
- Remove the mixture, called a roux, from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Gradually beat in the warm stock with a whisk until smooth.
- Return the pan to the heat and stirring constantly with a metal spoon.
- Simmer gently for about 20 minutes.
- Add the cream and bring the mixture to the boil. Season with salt, freshly ground white pepper and lemon juice.
- Beat together an egg yolk with double cream. Stir some of the hot sauce into the egg yolk and cream mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the hot sauce and bring to the boil, stirring vigorously.
VOILA! Your exotic and amazing white sauce is ready to serve with dishes! This sauce is especially delicious if it is pressed through a fine sieve.
Don’t want to miss any single updates? Then stay tuned with us for more amazing, delicious and exotic recipes!